Saturday, April 9, 2011

Support and Prayer

I am going to be using this Blog to keep you updated on the happenings of my trip as I will be posting pictures and sharing what I am doing in Uganda when I go this summer.




I need both prayer and financial support as I follow the Lord‘s leading to spend a month this summer serving oversees. The purpose of this trip is to build relationships in Uganda, serve the people there, explore the needs of this country and look at how I may use my degree in Mechanical Engineering there in the future. I have five semesters left and I am excited about the prospect of using my training to serve the people in Uganda in the future.



I am trying to combine my passion for Uganda and serving people with God’s gift to me of education and skills in engineering. My goals for the future as I am taking this step of faith in God are that I would be able to help build up Ugandans to eventually be able to support themselves. Another desire that I have, to see the basic needs of the nation’s people met, serving them and seeing this happen would give me great joy.



I have a general idea of what I am going to be doing over there but no specific agenda. I feel I need to grow in trusting God to provide and lead me. Since I am a planner and like to know what I am going to be doing beforehand, especially with this big of a commitment and cost, this is definitely going to be a challenge. I am making arrangements to visit a couple of different organizations while there and explore what it looks like to partner with them. Otherwise, I plan be open to the Lord directing each day and serve as opportunities arise and to experience the culture as I build relationships for the future.



Since I visited Uganda in 2006 to conduct day camps for orphanages, I’ve wanted to go back and eventually serve the people there in whatever career I settled on. I hope to take a very small group with me this summer to help out a couple different organizations that my dad and brothers connected with while they were over there last February. A couple of them are Cornerstone, Uganda and Arise Africa if you wanted to look up more information on them.



As of now I still need to raise approximately $1200-1400 more. I will continue to work and save during these months leading up to the trip, but I am definitely trusting the Lord to provide support for me to go. Your donation will be tax deductible as I am going through partnership with Neighborhood Church. You can make the checks out to “Neighborhood Church” if you want the tax deduction, but send them to me, as I will turn in all donations at one time. (My address is 4712 Songbird Land, Chico CA, 95973)



Whether or not you are able to support me financially, please pray for me. I want you to know that I appreciate your support in my life throughout the years I’ve known you, and want to keep you updated on how God is working in my life as I prepare for the future. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I would be happy to share in more depth with you. Thank you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment