Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Days 19 and 20

On Monday I finally got to meet up Dunstan for lunch who I knew from the last time I came to Uganda through Uganda Orphans Fund. It was good to catch up with him and hear how things were going and some of their plans for the future. He gave me lots of good info about Uganda and some of the things that goes on here. We made some plans for visiting the Village which is one of their orphanages sites with about 230 kids there. So that will be something to look forward to. That night we visited one of the boys Youth Homes and spent time with them talking and playing some soccer.

On Tuesday in the early afternoon we got to go to a place called the Tombs. Which is where 4 of the Ugandan Kings have been buried. It was interesting to hear some of the history of Uganda and learn some of the culture that they have in the little tour that they had. After that we went to one of the girls Youth Homes and played games with them and they did a song and dance for us. I've visited 4 of the 6 homes so far and plan on visiting the last 2 soon. Then they wanted me to talk with all the older kids from the homes on Monday the 18th in like a little presentation/speech type thing. Mostly they want me to share some of my testimony/experience and motivate encourage the kids to have goals for their futures/careers/purpose for their life and why its important and then some of the things I've had to sacrifice in order to reach these goals and accomplish some of the things that I have. So if you could be praying for that as I'm preparing I would really appreciate it as I'm not the most excited about talking in front of large groups about myself, but it will be a good experience.

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you and praying for you. Your going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we will be praying. I know God is really stretching you. The man in whom is no defeat...has been true these 20 days! Look for the Marvelous...God working!

    ReplyDelete