Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 2

Yesterday I wasn't able to go see any of the homes yet, because one of the kids they had was really sick with diabetes and so I ended up going to the hospital with Councellor to visit and to be with the kid's brother and sister. From the short time I was in the room that he was being treated I saw a room full of tables that various cases of sickness were being treated, it was very different from our hospitals. I also had my first Uganda meal of the trip, meet and rice.

Driving around Kampala is a very big adventure itself. Taking a boda boda, which are scooters, can be one thrilling ride as they weave in and out of cars. Even the cars themselves are all over the road and it feels like there are very few rules on the road, anything goes to get where you need to go almost.

My sleep schedule is still off from traveling as I have woken up at 3 and 4 in the morning the past two days. It gives me time to read and write some before starting the day...

Today I will be scheduling the time I'm here with cornerstone and share a little more about what I want to see and do while I'm here.

I am trying to remember to take pictures where I go, I've never been a picture taker so I will work on that, I will hopefully be able to post some this weekend.

If you can keep praying for health as I was getting over a cold on my flights here and am feeling a little better but not 100% yet. Also for the conversations I will have with Ugandans that they will go well and I will have the right things to say and ask the right questions!

2 comments:

  1. Love those details, thanks for the commitment to communicate. Dad and I are praying and will agree with you about your requests. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Nate! Thanks for sharing about your trip so far! So excited for you and we are praying for your adventure.

    ReplyDelete