Thursday, June 23, 2011

I Made It!

After 3 flights totalling 23 hours of in flight travel I have made it to Uganda! I arrived 5 in the morning Ugandan time on the 22nd. The time is 10 hours ahead of California and I didn't get much sleep on the plane so I slept for most of the day when I got here. I don't have too much time to give a full update of the travel and what has happened so far but I will hopefully be able to write another post later today. After I woke up Richard (he has been my main contact here at Cornerstone and picked me up from the airport) introduced me to some people around the office. I met Councellor who is in charge of overseeing the homes and I had some time to talk with and I am going to meet with him again today to share more in depth and he is going to take me around to see some of the homes that they have. Yesterday was just a recoveryday and today they will be showing me around. Thank you for all your prayer and support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment