Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Days 5 and 6

These past two days have been a little more low key and not as much going on as it has rained both days at the times the rain came I had made plans to visit the University and walk around, which made it a day for staying inside. Once on Monday that I pushed back to Tuesday and then it got rained out again on Tuesday. When it rains its very hard to get around, since I don't have a car and the boda bodas have no cover. I got sit in on the office meeting for Cornerstone which was good to see everyone in one place and to hear what's going on.

The crazy cool thing that has happened though is that someone gave me the contact info of an engineer that was doing some projects here and also needed a place to stay so I said he could jump in my room for a couple nights as there is an extra bed in it and all the other guest rooms at Cornerstone were taken. After meeting up with him yesterday and having lunch and talking about what he's been doing, after a couple hours later when I finally mentioned my last name and it turns out that our families know each other as we were in the same homeschool group when we were younger. His name is Kaben Kramer if you know him, but it was awesome to meet up these past two days and hear about what he's doing. I got to tag along with him to his meeting with UNICEF with the person who is in charge of the WASH program in Uganda, which is Water and Sanitation Hygene. It was a short meeting, but it was good to see some of the things they are doing on a bigger scale in Uganda.

Last night I also got to join some of the other Americans that do a monday night TED talk night which is from what I gathered a little bit from are videos from TED conferences (Technology Entertainment and Design) that they then talk about afterwards. The one last night was about developing countries which was cool to talk about and learn about.

So that's some things that are going on here, tomorrow I will be heading to the ranch they have north of Kampala for a couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. Nate, these divine connections have blessed us so much as we see God affirming and confirming your trip this summer. Our faithful Lord is so good! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. It rained like the tropics here as well. Wet, wet, wet. We heard about Kaben. It's been all the buzz here in Chico. Who would of guessed? Keep the stories coming. Linda

    ReplyDelete